Up Up and away!

TFI Friday!!

I feel that this weekend couldn't come quick enough, especially as i have a lovely day perusing my wedding venue to look forward to... which i'm sure will be swiftly followed by a wedding planning panic!

I did manage to take some time out after work this to play with a fab new die i got my sticky mitts on. The FREE Balloon & Flower die set which came with Simply Cards & Papercraft issue 139 features two awesome stitched dies - perfect for summer crafting! This set has everything i love about dies... it's versatile, contemporary, fun and easy-to-use!
 I made a happy smiley floral card using flower die, with kraft and white cardstock. The flowers are die-cut from a mixture of Summer Vibes papers [Fancy Pants Designs] and Forever Young papers [BoBunny] - I love pinks and corals! The smiley stamp is from Kaisercraft, and i've got more than my moneys worth for this set!


This second card features a background i created by blending Shaded Lilac Distress ink over ripped paper masks. The beautiful sentiment is part of the same Kaisercraft range. As much as i love the bright colours I used in the first card, i also really love a subtle monochromatic look. I think the balloon looks really sweet in this setting.


And this final card was made for a purpose! My lovable chum Aimes has taken the big ol' step of moving into a new home! This 'Up' inspired card features the Welcome Home stamp set from Hot Off the Press, the same fun designer papers from the first card and a Co'ordination vellum sentiment! I know Amy will love this card because it's her magazine's FREE die!


I hope you like my efforts! Tune in for some super sewing next time! <3

3 comments:

  1. Love this set! Brilliant freebie and you've made some fab cards. Love the house - reminds me of Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that die! Glad you like it Ruth! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your balloon cards! Excited to see your sewing project too :) x

    ReplyDelete