Razzle dazzle!

Hello, hello, hello!

It's another week, and it's certainly turning chilly! I don't mind a brisk morning as it means I can start to break out my snazzy jumper collection, woollen tights and boots!

I'm excited to share a sneak peek of the cards that I made for Die-cutting Essentials issue 13 using the Marquee Collection from Creative Dies. Designed by my dear talented friend Vicky Welsby, I love the versatility of these dies - within the feature I used gems, buttons, bells and even fairy lights which can be seen below [not as effortless as it looks!] I think this collection combines the vintage feel of old school marquee lights and a contemporary clean twist. I chose to use the dies with a glamorous 'all that glitters' colour scheme - black & white and a pop of gold!

For this card I coloured in clear gems with a gold marker pen to create custom embellishments for my marquee die-cut! I don't think you can ever go wrong with black & white - you could easily swap the gold for another bold colour to mix things up.


The Teresa Collins Wanderlust paper pad was a lucky find, and it has come in for many other projects - perfect for cards for men!

Here's a cheeky little card using the peace sign which I love! Make cards not war! I offset a black die-cut behind the white to create a hint of shadow without making the card look too dark. The acetate sentiment is from the docrafts Forever Friends Opulence collection - I love the dimension it creates.




If you want to grab any of the dies in the collection and the co-ordinating stamps, they are all available from CraftStash here.

Last but not least, here's the frame that I made for the feature, which involved twisting very tiny fairy lights around the back of a chipboard die-cut - tricky but worth it! I think this idea is great for weddings and can be customised with a name or date with ease.


Until next time... keep crafting! *sways*

N x

0 comments:

Post a Comment